Home      Singing Contest       Join      Winners      Prizes    Advanced Search      Ask Our Producers       FeedBack
Question: I have noticed that almost every singing entertainer in the business writes
their own songs or is with someone who writes original songs. How do I make a
cd for example as a tribute to Johnny Cash or Merle Haggard or just an
assortment of great established songs that were not written by me? How do I do
that without getting into copyright problems? Thanks. Joe
Answer by

2GEARed uP Productions's response:
Joe, A copyright attorney could best tell you this answer. I write my own work, so I have not had to deal with other peoples copyrights. When performing works or an assortment of works from other artist you will need to register with BMI or ASCAP to pay royalties. If you are doing a unique assortment mix that you made up using some of their established songs, I believe that if you are different enough you should be safe. They have great entertainment attornies online that you could ask this sort of question to. When it comes to legal issues, I let the guys who have the degree in law handle these matters.

Click here to go to this Producer Home Page on our site.

Untitled Document
    About us    Contact    Site Map
© 2004 - 2019 Tune97.com Producer/Singer Matching and Online Singing Contest.
Click to see Who is Online

Copyright © 2004-2019 Tune97.com All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction of this web site in whole or in part is prohibited.
The trademarks, logos and content of this web site are the exclusive property of Tune97.com and may not be used or reproduced without the expressed written consent of Tune97.com.