Home      Singing Contest       Join      Winners      Prizes    Advanced Search      Ask Our Producers       FeedBack
Question: I have noticed that almost every singing entertainer in the business writes
their own songs or is with someone who writes original songs. How do I make a
cd for example as a tribute to Johnny Cash or Merle Haggard or just an
assortment of great established songs that were not written by me? How do I do
that without getting into copyright problems? Thanks. Joe
Answer by

TRH Productions's response:
Anytime you make a compilation of cover tunes you have to get permission from the registered owners of these works. Look at the registered performance right organizations (BMI, ASCAP etc) visit thier websites and get the contact information for the regitered copyright owners. Expect to only get money from physical sales of the music if it makes it to the main stream distribution as you are not the copyright owner of the material. Approach it the right way and you'll avoid losing your profits to lawyers to keep you out of jail.

Click here to go to this Producer Home Page on our site.

Untitled Document
    About us    Contact    Site Map
© 2004 - 2019 Tune97.com Producer/Singer Matching and Online Singing Contest.
Click to see Who is Online

Copyright © 2004-2019 Tune97.com All Rights Reserved.
Reproduction of this web site in whole or in part is prohibited.
The trademarks, logos and content of this web site are the exclusive property of Tune97.com and may not be used or reproduced without the expressed written consent of Tune97.com.